7 EFFECTIVE WAYS TO ATTRACT CLIENTS TO YOUR SALON OR SPA
Are you looking to get more clients to walk in the door of your salon or spa? Marketing is probably the number one concern for salon owners as it can seem impossible and quite expensive at times. If you are not getting enough clients, chances are you need to switch up your promotion tactics and kick it up a notch.
Here are some great ideas to attract more clients to your salon or spa:
1. Introduce a solid loyalty program. A great loyalty program can win the hearts of your potential clients. If you currently have a program, try spicing it up and making it more worthy for your customers. A great loyalty program can be simple; schedule three haircuts, get one half off. Rewarding your clients with a point system or some sort of a giveback will ensure they’ll come back to your salon.
2. Start networking more. Don’t be scared to go out there and network. Websites like Meetup have several networking groups in various areas, and some are even free to join. Bring plenty of business cards and introduce your own company or the one you represent. It is a proven way to build your book of business. The truth is…networking really works!
3. Ask for referrals. Most of us don’t like to ask for business, but if you have a happy client, shouldn’t they spread your name around? We know that most clients will, but sometimes they get so busy with their daily routine that they simply forget about you.
Instead of waiting for referrals, send out a few e-mails to your VIP clients who love you but have not sent any referrals your way. Keep it short and to the point. The key is…don’t be afraid to ask. This strategy can also be true for past clients who haven’t been to your spa in months. This is your chance to re-connect with them and have them come in for a service.
4. Capture leads. If you don’t have a contact form on your website, get one immediately. You could have hundreds of web visitors who want to hire your salon or spa services but can’t get in touch with you.
Perhaps the customer prefers filling out their information through a contact widget instead of giving you a call right away. If you don’t do this, the potential client can just leave your website and never come back. A great way to capture leads is to offer an eBook, a guide, or a free consultation.
5. Start blogging. Offering free advice through a personal or company blog will always be appreciated by your readers. This is a long term strategy that involves offering ideas, feedback, or just plain advice. This is a proven approach to building new relationships and acquiring business over time.
Though this approach does take time to build, you can establish yourself as the expert in your industry and become the one to follow. An even better approach to blogging would be to guest blog on a leading online spa magazine and get a tremendous amount of feedback (and quite possibly clients) through their existing readership.
6. Partner with other agencies. This goes back to networking. If you meet the right people who can refer your services through their company, you can partner up with them. Perhaps you know a salon owner who doesn’t offer massage services, a service that you provide. If you have a good relationship with that salon owner, they may be inclined to refer you.
When the right client comes along who does not fit your scope of services, you could return the favor and refer them back to that salon. It’s a win-win situation for both businesses.
7. Use social media heavily. Social media is a free and powerful advertising tool. Create a lasting impression on your followers. Share your work on Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat. Got a new haircut style? Share an image on your social media platform and watch the engagement grow. This is a great way to stay in front of your customers and reach an untapped pool of new clients.
Want to know the best approach for spas on social media? Running a contest. Any raffle or competition of sorts can possibly increase your customer base tenfold. If you are not convinced, check out some of the most successful Facebook contests that skyrocketed with results.
Write a comment: